Easter is the most important holiday in the Christian religion. This special day celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is a day that families celebrate and observe together. Although gift giving isn’t a traditional practice, younger generations tend to give small and meaningful gifts to their friends and loved ones. The following Easter gift ideas are thoughtful and have very deep meaning.
A beautiful ceramic cross is a wonderful gift to give on Easter. Crosses that are easily hung on a wall are the best choice. Depending on the person’s taste, you can choose a simple cross, or you can choose one that depicts a prayer on the front. Some hand painted designs also include angels and other religious symbols. Keep the recipient’s tastes in mind when selecting the cross. If you are unsure, go with something simple and classic.
Stuffed Lamb or Chick
If the gift is for a younger boy or girl, a stuffed lamb or chick is a fun choice. While they’re sure to love your cuddly present, you’ll also be giving them something meaningful as well. Chicks symbolize new life, while lambs symbolize Jesus who is the Lamb of God.
White lilies are the traditional flower of Easter and are often given as gifts to friends and loved ones. They’re often referred to as “apostles of hope.” According to tradition, white lilies grew where Christ’s sweat fell during his final hours. Not only is this a beautiful plant to look at, but its fragrance will fill the recipient’s home for many weeks. White lily plants, known as Easter lilies, will be easy to find right around the holiday. It’s not uncommon to find them in a local grocery store or a local flower shop.
Religious-themed jewelry is always a welcomed present at Easter, but this is typically only a gift given to close friends and relatives. There are many options to choose from, including:
- Rosary bracelet
- Cross pendant
- Cross earrings
- Angel pendant
- Bracelet with religious-themed charms Any one of the options listed above will work well. Just consider the recipient’s preference for silver or gold.
Easter baskets are another traditional gift given during this holiday. You can purchase a pre-made basket, or you can put one together yourself. Most people choose to fill theirs with candy, but you can feel free to be as creative as you want. A stuffed lamb, bible and other religious-themed items will work well. If the recipient is older, you may consider a traditional Easter basket, which includes the following items:
- Easter Bread: Topped with a fish or a cross, bread is symbolic of Jesus who is known as the Bread of Life.
- Butter: Typically given in the shape of a lamb or a cross. Serves a reminder of Christ’s good will.
- Salt: Symbolizes prosperity and justice.
- Sausage: Symbolizes God’s generosity.
- Ham: A symbol of joy and abundance.
- Bacon: Symbolizes overabundance and God’s generosity.
- Cheese: Serves as a reminder to practice moderation.
- Eggs: The symbol of new life and Christ’s Resurrection.
- Candle: Represents Christ’s light.